Saturday, July 17, 2010

How Can You Tell if You are Not Just Being Selfish?

I've really been struggling lately with the thought of moving closer to home. Rachel is going into the 9th grade and what a tough age to move her. She says definitely no...but how quick I know how she would change her mind and be thankful for the move. I think she would love the weather--she has always been the outdoors type and I think would do more than she does now. Who doesn't like the midwestern way of life. Sort of slower paced, less keeping up with the Jones' than baton rouge. She would definitely love being the new girl in school. She is very pretty and has always loved attention! She would get to see family and learn what a close family is like. Right now she sees David's family only a handful of times. Christmas, birthdays, and hardly ever during the year. I thought that would change with the divorce but it hasn't. I thought for sure David's family would contact the kids more with David out of town, but they haven't.
Today, I read about a childhood friend's mom passing away. She is so close to my heart and here I am a thousand miles away. I would give anything to be there with her. I have good friends here but the few that touch my heart the most are back home. So is it selfish to move your daughter away from her friends. At a young age, they are upset but soon forget. Is she at that age, where she would be upset but old enough to still stay very connected and be filled with excitement planning summer trips to see her old friends?
Guess, I need to start praying hard on this one and asking my friends to be in prayer. I have always been strong but it seems to bring me to tears lately when I get off the phone with my grandma or siblings. And I just long to visit my Uncles who have always had so much love behind that big manly exterior. I have been gone almost 24 years and I long to be home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home