Sunday, July 04, 2010

Troubled

It's really odd for me but the last two nights I've had really strange dreams that have made me feel a little defeated in my self esteem and just really sad. This morning troubled me so much that I just can't seem to shake it.
Friday night the dream sort of made sense to me. Not all of it but some of it. Out of nowhere, I have this short dream about David. Jon had gone to New Orleans Wednesday and Thursday for his Navy physical. He goes back to Belle Chase Navy Base to sign up Monday & Tuesday. I have this short dream that I walked in my bathroom and David was in there shaving. We started arguing and I ended up telling him that Jon was joining the Navy. he became furious and stormed out to find Jon. I woke up. Jon and David have not spoken since March. So I would assume that I was feeling a little troubled over their broken relationship and here Jon is making one of the biggest decisions that he has ever made and doesn't really have a man in his life that he has spoken with. He has talked to his friends that are college grads and even went to a psychologist and spoke with him. Now why I dreamt about him shaving, I have no clue. The last 14 years of our marriage, I slept in Rachel's room. We'd wake up and go about our own lives...meeting up at the end for dinner.
Last nights dream was troubling to me. Out of nowhere again, I have this really short dream but it made me wake up with all those old feelings of helplessness and the belittling feeling when someone controls you. Not little controlling ways that are cute and manly. But controlling ways of you will do as I say and you have no choice. I have been crying off and on all morning and it's plain goofy. That part of my life is so far behind me so I don't understand why it is so upsetting to me. Heck, I rarely get riled up anymore where David is concerned. So why would a dream upset me so much?
I was dreaming that I was driving and when I got to this store David was with me. He pointed out these striped shirts that had something about mom and dad written on them. He said that we should get those. I told him they looked like prison shirts and said we are divorcing--why would I want a shirt to match you? Throughout the dream he was everywhere with me. I remember us driving and seeing people I knew and I was smashed up against the passenger door so they would not think we were together. He would stop and talk to people and try to put his arm around me and again I would tell him we were divorcing. He would give me that look that he always gave me. He had such stone cold eyes that were full of hatred or uncaringness. I finally woke up feeling I guess scared and worthless.
I can't wait to go to church today. Maybe I will come out feeling good again. And I'll definitely be praying for good dreams!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home