Monday, June 28, 2010

What A Day!

It's amazing that I got anything accomplished today. My work was interrupted this morning and then my mind wandered all day long and I still got work done.

I start work today and at 9:30, I find out that my boss' dad had passed away. His dad had throat cancer but seemed to be doing well. And Wayne is so private that no one even knew that his dad was back in the hospital Thursday. I immediately go online to find out funeral information and find out the calling was Sunday. And today from 8a.m. until 10:30 when the funeral services start. It was 9:45! I left immediately calling the sales reps. Got to the funeral home at 10:05. After I talked with Wayne a while, I then fussed at him on how he really should have called. I could have brought food to feed people or helped them in any way. But that is Wayne, private, wants no fuss...he'll always be that way.

I am glad I was able to go. And one good thing, I finally met his wife Rachel. We share the same birthday, except I am younger. Couldn't tell it though, she is beautiful!! The coolest thing ever, she was introducing me to all of the grandkids. She had taken a tie from Wayne's dad, cut the skinny part on the back and made her 3 month old grandson a tie for today. How cool was that!! I told her the stories Wayne tells about her, and with us having the same birthday, we are so much alike. Can't wait to have lunch with her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home