Thursday, June 24, 2010

Every Girl wants Plump, Pouty Lips

I laughed off and on all day at my latest mishap. I get fever blisters at least 3 or 4 times a year. Stress, fever or sun will bring them out. A couple of years ago, Jon's hairdresser told me about L Lysine, it's a vitamin supplement that is for skin and lips. If I feel a fever blister coming on, I start taking 4 to 6 tablets a day and you never see the fever blisters. They just dry up or don't pop out. NOT this time!!

Monday, I start feeling a little feverish or like I got too much sun. I start feeling fever blisters coming out on my bottom lip. I start popping L Lysine tablets. Get home from work and spend two hours in the upper 90 degree weather mowing grass. Take three tablets when I go to bed. I'm thinking my lips will be fine but I wake up to this monster blister Tuesday. By Wednesday, I have this huge bottom lip even after taking 7 tablets a day!! Today it was a little better but not much. It really bothered me until I figured out where I went wrong.......

The older you get, the thinner your lips get. So, being single and starting to care a little about how I look, I had bought some lip plumping stuff. I've used it for a few months and have not had any problems. However, when you put it on, it burns your lips a little. Saturday, I'm in San Antonio, hotter than blazes! I put on my lip plumper and when it dries, put on my lip stick. Well my lip stick comes off through the day and I'm out in the sun for a few hours. I think the lip plumper and the sun combined just cooked my lips!!! I have to admit, my bottom lip was extremely plump.....not the way I wanted. Just swollen with a fever blister!!! I guess this will be one of those live and learn experiences!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home