Saturday, July 31, 2010



I was looking through Rachel's photos and came across this one. It made me laugh. You can see the cut on Riley's leg and how traumatized the puppy looks. I know I shouldn't laugh but that night was pretty funny.
Rachel and I went for a bike ride with the dogs. Down the road, through the woods to the lake, back down the road and through the woods along this other path racing Sammy the whole way. He is a head strong dachsund that just has to be in front the whole time. Rachel heads home and I cut through the woods again, racing Sammy, I faked him out and started racing home. Sammy catches up and we are going pretty fast. All of a sudden Rachel jumps out at us from behind a pole and her puppy Riley gets scared and cuts right in front of me. I hit my brakes only to run over her neck area and drag her down the road! She runs home yelping, Rachel is screaming, our neighbor's dog is on our patio area, the beagle, Copper, thinks the neighbor's dog has hurt Riley and starts fighting him....it was quite the fiasco!! All the while, I'm calmly heading home just hoping the dogs eye did not pop out! I don't know why I thought that, but that is what I was thinking. When I saw that Riley was okay, I could not stop laughing...it was the funniest sight ever!! Riley had that cut and she couldn't walk on her paw, her stomach was tender, and she had road rash on her head and chin. Need I say that she runs up on the porch when we go for bike rides now...she is terrified!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home