Saturday, April 09, 2005

Gym Floors are so Comfy!

Last night was the DEAR sleepover at Parkview. It was really alot of fun, except the sleeping part--on the gym floor. I didn't bring our air mattress, thinking that would be a little too wimpy. But, there were so many there--I had a 1/4" foam cushion--what a girl!!!
I was a little thrown off by the name, DEAR (drop everything & read). It was more like a run around & scream most of the time (RAS). They had 2 story times with the teachers. Mrs. Jennings was such an awesome narrator. And Mrs. Smith, who looks like a 5th grader, was so funny playing her parts. A couple of times, I had to compose myself--they were playing out Goldilocks & the 3 bears, Jack & the Beanstalk, and the 3 Little Pigs--I was so engrossed in their stories that I must of looked like the kids sitting there, all mesmerized! Being that I'm 42, they must have thought I looked a little wierd! But, they were REALLY good! The kids had two 30 minute quiet reading times & then Mrs. Long came in at 10:30 and read 2 bedtime stories. After alot of prayer requests & a prayer, we layed down at 11:15.
The best part was on the way home....and I still laugh every time I think about it, and probably will laugh about it for a very long time. Rachel & I are driving home and we're in the country. We see something on the side of the road and she immediately gets all teary eyed & sighs, "Oh no, a dead baby cat." I couldn't tell what it was so I said, "are you sure it was a baby cat?" So serious, she replies (still in a sad voice), "It was either a baby cat or a Subway sandwich." Oh my goodness! That was so hysterical--I was laughing so hard I cried! I'm still laughing! I need to get some of those black & white abstract cards & ask her what she sees---I bet she could come up with some doozies!

Anyway, I truly enjoyed just hanging out with the little Red all evening. I think next weekend when Jon's at his campout, we'll have to go out again! Maybe we'll eat at Subway!

1 Comments:

Blogger robert terrell said...

personally i think subway sandwiches taste like dead baby cats so either one would be the same. blimpy's is so much better than subway.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home