Monday, August 04, 2008

Break out the Tissues!!!

Well, it's here, my first born's senior year! I have a feeling it is going to be a year where my heart is bursting with pride and I'll have plenty of tears to prove it!!
He's off today to do a quiz bowl for the teacher's retreat--thanks to Clint Barron asking Jon and Ryan to host it! He should have a blast. Then tomorrow, senior pictures. I had to laugh at my conversation with Jon yesterday. He came in saying his hair was now too long to spike on the top. I commented on how short it was and maybe instead of getting a hair cut once every two weeks to let it grow. He wears almost an army cut now. His exact words were, "Oh, come on mom!" Isn't that funny that I'm trying to get my son to grow his hair?! My parents were always fighting to get my brothers to cut theirs. Anyway, it just cracked me up!
Friday was the end of band camp, so Rachel and I went to watch their mock game and tailgate with the other families. I'm telling you, I teared up 3 times talking to other parents and once at the beginning when the drum line came in playing. It's just that he is so good on the quads--hopefully, he'll decide to do marching band at college, maybe LA Tech!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home